Everyone has a story. This one begins with a creme brûlée torch and a roll of solder.
Join me for this technique-packed wearable book workshop. Using materials easily sourced at your local hardware and craft store, you will forge small relic-like book covers. You’ll learn various techniques for adding content to your book. Then, using a centuries-old technique, you’ll bind it all together into a tiny tome to hold your unique story. You won’t stop there though. Using your favorite beads and found objects, I will guide you through several methods of turning your book into a head-turning piece of jewelry you’ll be proud to wear.
The techniques you learn in this workshop will arm you to make books of all sizes. They include:
- How to pool solder onto base metal and attach metal findings
- How to add patina to metal
- How to prepare a photo and add it to your book cover
- Coptic bookbinding
- The process of preparing paper to be bound into a book
- Various jewelry techniques including wire wrapping and how to make hook fasteners from wire
You will have access to this course forever.
Post a Comment